Facebook pages – What an awesome tool. We can use them to grow our business, easily, inexpensively – and perhaps enjoyably. What do we need to do?
We want to build a page. We are going to use this page to create a sort of advertising for our brand. We will also develop a clientele or group of customers.
It costs nothing to create Facebook pages. How can we pass this up? We cant.
One of the first things to do when creating Facebook pages is to choose a cover photo. This will represent you. It is what people see first when they look at Facebook pages. You want it to showcase your business, so choose well.
Pick a great page name that can easily be associated with your business. Choose an image to represent you and your company. If you already have a logo, that is the thing to use. Use this image or logo as your profile picture. Create a short sentence about what it is that you sell or do so that people can easily understand what you are all about. Take your time. This is vital.
You need to do a little thinking here also. You need to create, if you do not already have one, an appropriate marketing web address. You want something that is easily associated with you or your product and is easy to memorize.
You are now ready to post your first message.
Here are some effective tips for posting to your Facebook pages:
- Make it visually appealing. Photo albums get by far the most attention. Individual pictures or photos get less attention. Videos get the least engagement. But all are important when it comes to adding character and variety to your Facebook pages. Pictures and videos that are colorful, dramatic and striking will get the most attention.
- Make it short. People just do not have attention spans anymore. If you post more than about 250 characters, your audience will tend to get bored. Keeping it short will get the most shares, comments and like on your Facebook pages. Short and sweet is the best.
- Invite people you know to click on the like button for your page. There are probably many, many people who are interested in your product or service; they just need to know about it. Let them know.
Also do this:
- Put your page web address on business cards, emails, receipts, and signs you may have available and any other marketing material. You want to advertise, advertise, advertise. Get the word out.
- You will find a button that says to “invite email contacts”. This will go through your email list, inviting people to like your Facebook pages. This is an excellent way to let people know exactly what you are doing.
There are other options available under a button labeled “build audience”. Check this out when building your Facebook pages. This will maximize your business potential.